- A signed, notarized Petition for Name Change.
- Copy of birth certificate.
- Copy of a valid photo I.D. of Petitioner, such as driver’s license or state I.D.
- Court cost deposit of $58.00. (Note final bill may be more than $58.00)
- Notarized consent to change the minor’s name from any parent who is not a petitioner.
NOTE: Any known parent whose name does not appear on the minor’s birth certificate must be given notice of the court hearing (with proof of service provided to the Court). An executed consent and waiver from such parent may be submitted in lieu of service.
NOTE: The minor child must attend the Court hearing.
If you have any questions pertaining to filing,
please contact Kelsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Probate Court of Mobile County
Post Office Box 7
Mobile, AL 36601
Please keep in mind that we are not permitted to give legal advice and we do not provide any documents. Should you have any legal advice questions, it is recommended that you contact an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, please contact the South Alabama Volunteer Lawyer Program at 251-438-1102 to see if you qualify for their program for free representation.
In this Section